The Cambridge Schools : A Brief History
On the 7th of April, 1931, the Cambridge School at Delhi was founded by Shri Alok Chandra Deb. Originally from Dehradun, where he taught at Col. Brown’s School, and was Headmaster at the Gurkha Military School, Shri Deb came to Delhi to establish his own school. It was here, in a small flat in Qutab Road, Sadar Bazar that Cambridge School, Delhi was born. Within a month the school had moved to Daryaganj, which was then the heart of the city, and soon took the shape of a full-fledged High School with a fairly large hostel. This was the first institution in Delhi to prepare students for the Senior Cambridge examination. For 28 years Cambridge School was located in a rented bungalow at No. 2 Daryaganj, till it moved, in 1963 to its own premises in Srinivaspuri on the Ring Road.
The Cambridge Primary School in New Friends Colony was established in 1937, when the kindergarten and primary sections of Cambridge School, Delhi were separated and moved to a nearby building at 107, Daryaganj. The oldest of the Cambridge Primary Schools, it moved to its present location in the year 1984. The school building as it currently stands was inaugurated in July 2003.
The Cambridge schools, now six in number, are run by the Society for the Advancement of Education. The other schools managed by the Society are high schools in Srinivaspuri, Noida, Indirapuram, Greater Noida and a boarding school in Dehradun.